Loup Loup Randonee Race and Relay
January 27, 2018
Ski some laps at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl!
Our race features a narrow, steep climb up a forested slope before topping out at the summit of the Loup, nearly 1300' higher. Rip your skins and carve your way down Ridge Run to the Start/Finish/Lap zone, and head back up again (and again) if you so desire. New this year, join the 10,000ft club and do 10 laps so your overall vert is over 10,000ft, or form a team of friends and do the relay option.
In addition to the races, we will have demos, and prizes and awards for our top finishers in each category and distance.
What: An all-welcoming randonee race on some fantastic NW terrain. Choose from four categories:
- 1 lap
- 2 laps
- 3 laps
- 10,000 club (10 laps-solo)
- 10,000 club (10 laps-relay of 2-5 people)
*Each lap gains and loses approximately 1300 vertical feet
**The downhill portion of the race is on a Blue run of alpine resort; no epic cliff jumps or narrow slot skiing necessary
Aid/food will be available between loops as well as heartier fare for after the race. Spectators and hecklers welcome!
When: Saturday, January 27, 2018
Start Times: 9am
Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Twisp, WA
(~4 hours from Seattle; 2 hours from Penticton; 3 hours from Spokane
How: Early Registration is open!
Early Registration (by December 1st): $30
December 1-January 1: $40
December 1st - January 22nd: $50
Late Registration (until January 28th): $55
Day-of-Race Registration: $60
*prices include a day ski pass. Season Pass holders, use code "loup" for discounted race fee.
General Rules and Information:
- The race director reserves the right to delay the start, alter the course or cancel the race based on snow, weather and safety conditions.
- Racers are required to abide by all directives of the race staff and course marshals.
- The race will take place on an operational ski area and all racers are required to comply with any directions or directives of the ski area staff.
- Racers are to give the right of way to the customers of the ski area, failure to do so will result in an immediate DQ.
- On uphill portions, racers are to stay in the established skin track or within 5 feet of the course markings. On the downhill, racers are required to stay within 30 feet of course markings.
- Transitions must occur within 20 feet of transition point.
- Racers agree to possible equipment check before race and at the finish line.
- All racers regardless of category will have a ski retention device that can include brakes or a leash.
- No lightweight Nordic gear is allowed in either category.
- Helmets are required to be worn during the ENTIRETY of the race. (These can be bike, ski, climbing or ski mountaineering specific helmets).
- If you opt not to finish the race you MUST check in at a course marshal or at the finish area. Otherwise we will be out looking for you.
- Racers should be prepared for variable weather including but not limited to snow, high winds and cold temperatures.
- Goggles, helmet shield or sunglasses
- Windproof upper body layer must be worn or carried in pack
- Participants must be on alpine style skis or split boards with metal edges. Randonee, tech, telemark or split board bindings are all acceptable in this category.
- All participants are required to use climbing skins.
Questions, or want to volunteer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Loup Loup Rando Race operates under special use permit with the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. Cascade Endurance is an equal opportunity provider.