I came up short in an attempt to make some clever post about why we made a Cascade Endurance Running Club, so I'll just say that we made a Cascade Endurance Running Club. Insert roof raising (if you're into that sort of thing) here.
Why a club? Well, running in a group is fun, for one. Secondly, community is what makes us stronger, in my humble opinion. Sharing experiences adds richness to our lives and the thing that keeps me doing this crazy sport is the community of wonderful people who also do it. And you get cool discounts. We got a little philosophical on our About Us page that alludes a bit more to how this came to be, if you care for more.
So what does being part of the club entail? You can join online (or you can mail a check if you want to save us a few bucks in credit card fees) which will get you:
- 10% discount at Fleet Feet Seattle
- Weekly club meet ups for Tuesday runs and Saturday trail runs (Sundays until Nov.)
- New friends
- New training routes, or at least new people to run routes with
- Discounts on CE clinics, camps, and classes (maybe other c things-who knows?)
- Cascade Endurance shirt
- Monthly newsletter with training and injury prevention tips and ideas, relevant articles or podcasts, and the latest races and routes we've been running