Beginner 50k training group
Looking to move from the half-marathon and 25k distance up to 50ks and not sure how to go about it? Look no further. We put together a 14-week training plan that includes a coached group trail run each week for you to ask questions, work on technique, meet new friends, and build fitness to complete your first 50k. The plan is designed for Baker Lake 50k, but it will work for any fall race (Crystal Mountain Sky Marathon, Flagline 50k) or similar distance wilderness adventure. Join us!
Have you run a road marathon? Have you run many half marathons? Do you like to hike?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, this group is for you! We'll have a range of paces, and the program is designed to help you for whatever goal you have. The first few runs will focus on different aspects of trail technique, and then you'll have weeks to refine it and practice.
- 12 week training plan, customized at the kick-off meeting July 24
- A beginner's packet with information on training, technique, strength, and a training journal
- Weekly group runs on the trails starting July 17
- Nutrition talk
- Hydration pack demo
- Altra shoe demo
- Goal setting and half-way check-in
- Weekly email with tips and resources
- Facebook group to ask questions, and share pictures and stories